Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Gebhardt Family

No, not Colleen and Robert - I want to talk about Robert and his family.

We first met Robert's parents and sister Laura on Thanksgiving Day. I will admit I was a little nervous to be hosting a holiday for them as we had never met them before and I knew it would be a long day. Within minutes of them arriving I knew it would be a great day, and it was.

We met Chris and her family a while after Thanksgiving but it was the same feeling. Her daughter's are adorable and fell right in with all the other kids.

For those of you that didn't get the opportunity to spend time with them over the weekend at any of the wedding festivites you really missed out. They are the most genuine and easy going people I have ever been around. They don't have a negative bone in their body and they are so social and just a pleasure to be around.

Colleen is a lucky girl to have them for in-laws.

Moving onto Robert. I love him!!! He is the perfect compliment to my sister. So calm and level headed - yet a big kid at heart. He is great with Amber and Alex and the rest of the kids in our family. I have never heard him say anything derogatory about my sister - even in a joking way. He loves her 100% for who she is - how awesome is that???

Robert is a gentleman and sincerely appreciates anything that people do for him or for him & Colleen and the kids. In the middle of all the hecticness of the weekend and AT the wedding reception he pulled me aside to thank me for all I had done for them in regards to the wedding - I am sure Robert had no idea how that would touch my heart. I was telling this story to my friend Tom this morning and he said - "You know what, Robert took me aside at the wedding as well to thank me!!!" Tom had prepared the entire rehearsal dinner meal while we were at rehearsal and did other stuff wedding related. Tom said he could tell Robert was sincere and appreciative and he was shocked that in the middle of the biggest day of his life he took the time to pull him aside and thank him. Robert again could not have known what this would mean to Tom.

So I want to say to the Gebhardt Family - welcome to our nutty family and I look forward to many years of making memories with all of you.

0 comments: