Monday, April 6, 2009

Life is short - don't let it pass you by

Sadly this week a very good friend of Joe's passed away. He was young - only 46. He leaves behind a wife and 3 kids.



Things like this always seem to snap us into perspective when they happen. I encourage you to not only realize this when you are in the moment but to keep that in mind and live each day with it in mind.



Don't hold grudges - you are only hurting yourself. One of the most difficult things to do is to forgive someone when they have hurt you - but one of the most rewarding things is forgiving, it is what God would want you to do. He gave amazing forgiveness, and was better for it, surely nothing you are mad about can compare to what He went through.



Don't get bogged down in the daily grind. Make time to just sit with your significant other, kids, family and friends. Realistically speaking they would rather make memories with you with a little dust around than not make memories at all. It took me a long time to get to this place - and I could probably do better still. I have been reminded many times lately how important it is to focus on people and not things - and some of the best times I have had have been sitting on the floor at our firends house eating Jersey Mike's Sandwiches or just popping over Regina's and ending up doing take out, all while just laughing!!!



I think I am good about letting people know how much I love and appreciate them - I will continue to focus on this, will you???