Friday, April 17, 2009

I am not going to make it

Most of you know my sister Colleen is getting married in 8 days!!!

Those of you that know my sister's story are as joyful as the rest of us - and those that don't can just see the pure excitement in her.

Everyday I work on my speech in my head - it sounds really good I just need to write it down. That is where my problems start - I have not had a day go by in the past 2 weeks where I have not cried (tears of joy) when thinking about my sister getting married.

When I am preparing my speech - I cry

When I think about my sister walking down the aisle in her dress - I cry

When I hear my sister saying we, my family, us instead of I - I cry

When I think of all the awesome people that have stood by us and are just as happy as we are that Colleen has found her prince - I cry

When I listen to Mack Brock sing at Elevation on a "regular" Sunday - I cry
How will I make it through my favorite worship song while walking down the aisle?

Here is what I hope - I hope that I have not one tear left on the big day - but if I do - I hope that Sean Lyon gets some great shots of me and Collen before I start crying..... :)

2 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

The wedding is going to be GREAT!!! You WILL make it! Don't mess your face girl...thank God Sean is coming to the house!!

Marie Marsicano said...

UPDATE - Mack did it again to me yesterday.....

I just can't believe his voice - he is AWESOME - people will be talking about your cermony for a long, long time.