Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Guest Blogger - Regina Marsicano

See Regina's "bio" on Colleen's Blog.


I am sure you have all heard the saying to know him is to Love him. It may seem corny to some but this was my first thought when Marie and Colleen asked us to share stories of their Dad. Sadly, I only had the pleasure of knowing Daniel Corbett for about 5 years before he was taken away so early……… to this day I wish I was there to witness some of the beautiful memories that are shared with all of us.

I look around these days and I see people going through the motions of the day and existing through life. Danny was not like that. I remember thinking that this is a man who is truly enjoying his life. The love that he had for his wife Rose and his children was very evident. He was very caring, loving and generous and boy could he throw a party. I mean have you ever been to a party with a hot dog wagon and then hear the chimes of the ice cream man out front at which point everyone was told to go and get what they wanted!!!! There would be people everywhere but no chaos just a calm sense of love and caring and the ability to be yourself and have a great time!!!

I do have a picture that I wanted to share and the funny memory that goes along with it:




Marie caught the bouquet at my wedding. Joe & Steve’s cousin Louis caught the garter. So the scene is set where Marie is sitting in the chair waiting for Louis to put the garter on her leg. Out of nowhere comes this very intimidating man who proceeds to stand right next to Marie with this look. You know the one that could burn through steel. Well we were all hysterical - - except Louis who had to have been intimidated. But - - in true form Rosie walks in and grabs him by the ear and drags him off. I have to say that is one of my favorite memories of my wedding day.

Seeing Rose and Dan together was witnessing true love. How can it be anything else when you have two incredible people married to each other!!!!!

I am glad that I had the pleasure of knowing Danny even if for only a short time but his memory and the beautiful stories that the Corbett’s continue to share will keep his love alive in all of us forever.

So to all of my surrogate siblings thank you for sharing your incredible parents with me.

Love you all!
Regina

0 comments: