Monday, March 23, 2009

Couldn't have done it without them

Yesterday I hosted a bridal shower for my sister Colleen it was a perfect day for a deserving Bride-to-Be. Everyone had a wonderful time and it was so heartwarming for me to see so many people who truly care about my sister & Robert and their happiness. Everyone thanked me as they were leaving and said what a wonderful time they had and what a great job I had done. I am going on the record to say I could have never done this on my own - there was lots and lots of behind the scene's help that I received. I want to share full credit will all of my loved one's who really helped me make it all possible:


This amazing cake was baked with love by our "sister" Regina. Although I think I heard she almost gave up and went to BJ's.... :) Her patience and love for Colleen won out in the end and this was the result!!! Please don't ask her to ever do this again....
She also planned the whole party with me and stayed until every last dish was washed and just about put away. SHe also ran around during the party serving, refilling etc.....
Our brother provided the delicious spread you see here. He is a manager at a Panera Bread and he loves to put together nice presentations of food. Daryl & Regina also made some of their best batches of potato and pasta salad. There is pretty much no left overs. :(

These are just some of the lovely ladies that were there to wish Colleen well - you can see we were more than filling my family room.




My very deserving sister and I in front of the Cinderella Castle cake - symbolizing her finally finding her Prince.


My lovely Danielle who "touched-up" mommy's roots the night before the party so I wouldn't really look like Colleen's "older" sister!!!


Some camera shy people who worked behind the scenes as well were Johanette, Tina and Kristy. Whether it was helping me at the party, hauling stuff all over town for me to borrow or keeping my kids busy and getting them where they needed to be - I appreciate all of it.


And most importantly to my WONDERFUL husband who worked his tail off painting, hanging curtains, helping with set-up and clean-up and who always gives me support when I am putting an event like this together.

I love each and everyone of you for caring this much about Colleen and her happiness.


PS - later I will post more pictures - these are all I have here with me for now.

1 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

surprise make-over! Do youy like it????

Thank you to everyone for my beautiful shower. Thanks to you guys this wedding and all of the planning has been a pleasure. Even though you are going to kill me when you see how dark my hair is. yikes!