Thursday, March 26, 2009

Glimpse of True Love

When Joe and I first came to Charlotte to visit and see if we thought we would like to move here, this LOVELY lady was the first person we met. Daryl was working at the Verizon Wireless store in Matthews, NC, when Joe and I went there to see if he could meet his potential new manager. We came to Charlotte on a Saturday and when Joe asked Daryl if the manager was around, she laughed whole heartily and me, Joe, Daryl and Andre have been laughing together for almost 12 years now!!!

Back to the point of my post - Daryl & Andre are true High School Sweethearts they met when they were teenagers and have been together ever since. March 27, 1982 they were wed. They are what true love should be. They love each other unconditionally, the finish each others sentences, they put each other first before anything, except God. I have seen either one of them walk into a room full of people and cross the whole room before the say hello to any of us and greet each other first - with what I call "the 3 kiss" - 3 quick pecks on the lips.

They have 2 sons who are seeing what it takes to make a relationship work and they have parents who are willing to stick it out through thick and thin because that is the kind of love they share.

They will both tell you their relationship wasn't always easy and they got better with age. (don't we all)

I can not put on paper all that I have learned from them - I feel blessed to have them to guide me when I have relationship questions. Joe and I are coming up on 15 years of marriage ourselves and often times their now 27 years of knowledge has benefited us.

These shots are from their 25th Wedding Anniversary Vow Renewal in the Bahamas. 14 of us went to support their "union" as it truly is one of the best we have seen.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY my dear friends!!!






Listening to the Minister


She only has eyes for him


Just as in love as they were 25 years before...



Glowing with happiness














0 comments: