Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Giving Thanks

I first want to say I had an AWESOME Thanksgiving!!! If you had asked me leading up to the Holiday I would have told you I was stressed about having it at my house just after my surgery or that I wished me, Joe and the kids were just spending the day alone eating Chinese Food!!! Again, because of my surgery. Those that know me, know that I can not just do something - it is not in me - I want it to be special, I want my guests to know how much I love having them etc....

This year was different, I honestly did the best I could and then hoped everyone would be understanding. Before out bell rang with the first guest I said to Joe - I am going to have a good day - it may not be all I wanted to do, but I did what I could and I am going to enjoy myself. Then the bell rang - it was my brother - arms full of stuff!!! He was supposed to be taking care of dessert - but like me, my brother loves to cook and wants to introduce people to new and interesting foods. So outside of enough dessert to feed an Army he brought appetizers and some seafood -he whipped up homemade brushetta and a tray of individual fresh mozzarella and tomato appetizers. As dinner was just about to be served he fired up our grill and cooked up some coconut curry shrimp and sea scallops wrapped in bacon that I promise you were the size of half dollars!!! When he came in from doing that he pan seared some Tuna that was encrusted in pecans, sesame seeds and poppy seeds - he did have a special sauce that he seared it in (that he made) but not being a seafood eater I can not tell you what it was.

My sister Colleen and Robert and Robert's Family came arms full as well. Deviled Eggs, Spinach Dip and two different types of sweet and sour meatballs.

All of this before the main meal!!! We are Italian....

This was the first time we all met Robert't Parents and they are really nice people. We sat and talked around the table and everyone blended so well. It was a nice, relaxing day.

At the dinner table we had each of the kids say something they were thankful for and as you can imagine - it was very cute.

So outside of all the food that everyone brought - I want to give my heartfelt thanks to everyone for all the help. They made sure I didn't do too much, they went out of their way to help me and help our family have a nice holiday - and in doing so we all got to spend good, quality time together.

1 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

Thanksgiving was awesome!!