Sunday, December 7, 2008

Cold Night of Fun

On Friday night our neighborhood had its first ever Holiday Gathering. The neighborhood is 10 - 12 years old, but very small (68 houses) so therefore no clubhouse.

Our new social committee decided to take a chance and have the gathering on one of our cul-de-sacs. They had a big outdoor fireplace in the middle of the street to provide warmth and they cooked hamburgers, hotdogs, smores - there was hot cocoa, soda and each family that came brought a dessert. It was a great way to spend time with our neighbors.

I invited Amber and Alex (because Robert had big plans for http://colleencorbett.blogspot.com/2008/12/were-getting-married.html) and my niece Mackenzie. You already know my mom lives with us, so here are some pictures of the kids after Nana made sure they were all bundled up!!!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It really was a fun night. To me the cutest part was seeing Alyssa, Danielle, Amber, and Mackenzie(the little divas) standing around the fire sipping their hot cocoa.

Colleen Gebhardt said...

I love every one of these pictures, and I'm sorry I missed this night! I'm jealous! Look how awesome our kids are!!!