Tuesday, December 16, 2008

What Would You Give Baby Jesus

While working with our 3rd graders last night, my sister-in-law Regina and I read the story of The Birth of Jesus. After the story we asked the kids "If Jesus was born today, what gift would you bring Him?"

Some of the responses:

A blanket to wrap Him in the keep Him warm
Gold
Clothing

Some wanted to give Him their little brother or sister!!!

But my absolute favorite response - and this was our first response of the night:

I would bring/make Him a tag/sign that said

THE DREAM IS BORN

What a great response!!! I wrote it on the board so we would all think about it.

So tell me, what gift would you bring Baby Jesus if He were born today???

1 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

I would give Him something that would erase all of the pain that He went through for me. I would give Him as much love as He has given me. I would love to give Him new life like He has given me, but I'm not that good!