Friday, February 27, 2009

They went on strike.....

My kids that is!!! They want a dog, Joe and I don't think it is the best idea. Here are a few reasons

I am allergic to "short-haired animals"

Both the kids already take Singulair everyday and we have NO PETS

We travel frequently - our closest friends live on the East Coast of NC and we go there often

My mom lives with us and she is home more than most of us so it seems unfair to get an animal that she would have to "watch"

When we go somewhere there is a dog if the dog is too jumpy my son gets nervous

Joe and I both has dogs most of our lives and I see their point, I really do. But I have also seen way too many families get dogs and then regret it, not take proper care of the dog, or just bring the dog back. Not fair to the dog or the kids....

So here they are on Sunday afternoon stopping for me to take a quick photo - and then they proceeded to walk through the downstairs of the house chanting

We need a dog

We need one now

We need a dog

We need one now

and so on................


2 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

don't do it. I do LOVE my dog, but there are so many downfalls. Get a small one maybe. Not an over grown baby like mine. ;0)

Because of Love said...

I feel their pain. I have been begging Josh for a dog. When they are done with those signs, send them my way.