Wednesday, August 27, 2008

August 27, 1994

14 years ago today Joe and I got married. From that union we have 2 beautiful children, Danielle (8) and Joseph (6) and a life together that I wouldn't trade for anything.

I can clearly remember our big day - and even some of the smallest details. Last night I was thinking how 14 years ago on the eve of my Wedding I spent the night with my brother Danny and sister Colleen and we watched the movie Grease. We did that many, many times growing up and it seemed like the perfect way to end my time living at home with my family.

My brother "gave me away" and my sister Colleen was our Maid-of Honor. Joe's brother, Steve, was our best man and my two sister-in-law's were bridesmaids. We had a large bridal party - 16 people plus Joe and I. 14 of our closest friends and family members - many of them married couples and our beautiful niece Christina was the flower girl and my cousin Russell the ring bearer.

It was one of the HOTTEST days ever - and I mean ever!!! But it was exactly what I had dreamed of. I wanted outdoor pictures and we got them, I wanted a symbolic ceremony at Church and we had that, I wanted a reception where everyone would have a great time and we would start our life together on a happy, joyous note - and we did. I love watching our wedding video and reliving it all - and no matter how many times I watch it - it touches my heart each time. The only thing missing was both of our dads - but we knew they were watching from Heaven and having just as much fun as we were.

What Joe and I have is a strong foundation - we met when we were 18 and dated for 7 years before we got married. Lots of family support. A deep rooted friendship that helps us through difficult times. I will not sit here and say we never argue - but I will say that we both value the things that brought us together and keep us together enough to know that an argument here and there is not going to break this relationship. We have many common interest and love to do things together but we are secure enough to know time apart for individual interests is good for us as well.

We are both turning 40 this year so at this point we have been together for over 1/2 our lifetime - I wouldn't have it any other way......


Trip to Jamaica to Celebrate Our Anniversary

1 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

You guys are so gorgeous......Happy Anniversary to the best brother and sister in the whole world.