Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Awesome Friends + Jamaican People = Awesome Vacation

Joe and I went to Sandals Dunn's River 8/10 - 8/16 with our good friends. I have known Tom for 28 YEARS and his wife Lisa for 9 years. Daryl was the first person Joe and I met when we came to Charlotte in 1997 to see if we wanted to move here. She worked at the Verizon Store with Joe and her and her husband Andre are now "family". We met Mike & Sally a few years ago - and they fell right in with this crazy crowd!!!

I have to say the people of Jamaica are unbelievable - they are warm, sincere, giving, kind, funny and just so happy. They have little and they are better for it. Sandals does not allow employees to accept tips so we chose to bring gifts instead for our favorite people. When we give them a gift - it is like they are winning the lottery. They TRULY appreciate what ever it is (especially CHOCOLATE) and they are so thankful. The best part of the trip for me is giving out the gifts. Don't get me wrong the Country is beautiful and the food, sites, etc... are all wonderful - but for me it is the people that make me want to go back again and again and again.

Here are a few of my favorite shots from the trip:


The waterfall in the pool


Daryl & Joe - Forever Friends


All The Ladies


Romantic Dinner


Our new friends Marlon and Machel

1 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

next time, I'm coming. Even if I have to be smuggled in your suitcase.