Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Such an important message

This is one piece of the Homily from the Father at St. Mark's Church. It is such an important message for all of us. The full Homily was 10 Guidelines From God - this is probably my favorite one:

BE KIND:

Be kind to others, for I love them just as much as I love you. They may not dress like you, or talk like you, or live the same way you do, but I still love all of you. Please try to get along for My sake. I created each of you different in some way. It would be boring if you were all identical. Please, know I love each of your differences.

There you have it - some of the best advice ever. Use it as parents with multiple children, people with siblings, for your co-workers, friends etc..... We all are different in our own ways - and special as well - embrace the differences and the things that make us special - for as Father says - it would be so boring if we were all alike.

2 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

And also embrace your own differences, and not look at them as bad qualities...or wish you were like someone else. Someone smarter, or better looking. The most important person you can love first and foremost is yourself. Then everything else falls into place.

Mike G said...

Very well put Colleen! Couldn't have said it better myself. : )