Thursday, July 10, 2008

Perfect Cards

Those who know me well know I love to send cards to my friends and family. I spend lots of time trying to find the perfect words or expressions in the cards to let the special person know how much they mean to me. So with that said - when I receive a special card it touches me in a way I can't explain. I save them in a keepsake box and those that really, really touch me come to my office and hang on my cork board. One card has survived 2 moves and still has a main spot on the board. It is from my very best friend Suzanne - and I received it from her on the one year anniversary of my dads passing. I am sure when she gave me that card on April 8, 1993 she never imagined I would still hold it so dear.

Recently I have received 2 totally fun and totally perfect cards - you know the musical kind!!! On Mother's Day my kids gave me one and when you open it, it plays "Simply The Best" - I cried - as I am doing now - I will never hear that song again without thinking of the card and how the simple gesture meant so much to me.

Yesterday my sister Colleen sent me an AWESOME fun musical card. No occasion - just a hey.... When I opened it, it played - RAPPERS DELIGHT by the Sugarhill Gang!!! And let me tell you it played a good part of the song!!! She knows I will rap that song in a heartbeat - it brings us back to our grandmother's apartment in Queen's and us singing along with our cousin Donna. This card I will have to bring to work just so I can hear the song - and maybe, just maybe I will rap it for my friend Tina.

2 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

They made that card just for you! I couldn't believe it when I opened it! You must rap for anyone that opens tha card. That's my rule as the card giver.

Mike G said...

SUGAR HILL GANG!!!! Gotta love it!!
They turly are pioneers of rap!