Wednesday, May 7, 2008

A Tribute To Some of the Greatest Mom's

In honor of Mother’s Day this is a tribute to all of the amazing mom’s I have been blessed to know throughout my life, some of these wonderful women are no longer with us but I could never forget the impact they had on my life. These ladies are the mother’s of the people closest to my heart.

Patricia Maiorino – my mother-in-law. You raised a wonderful son who I love and adore. You treat both of your daughter-in-laws like we are your own. You are never demanding, overbearing or unreasonable. You love seeing your family all together and it shows when we sit and watch you watching all the kids.

Regina Bivens – not only are you an adopted “grandma” to my children, but you are wonderful to me. Having you here in Charlotte has enriched my life. I feel like I am an extension of your family. You provide amazing support for me when I need it most.

Marlene Weber – You gave me the friend of a lifetime!!! I tell my sister all the time that everyone needs a Suzie. Your home was always open to me and we always had a fun time with you. Not many moms had the Trans Am with t-tops!!! Your strength as you battled cancer was inspirational. You were never down or feeling sorry for yourself, you always saw the bright side of things.

Mayme “Snookie” Johnson – I feel so lucky that you came to live in Charlotte. To get the opportunity to get so close to a woman who raised such an amazing man was truly a privilege for me. My children were blessed to have you at a time in their life that was not so easy.

Mary Jane Peake – You have raised a strong, independent daughter that has held me up many times when I thought I would fall. Listening to Tina talk about you brings me great joy. I love that your house if filled with family every Sunday, not just on Holidays. It says a lot about the kind of mother you are.

Josephine Lisanti – Your entire family means the world to me!!! Joe and I always felt at home at all of your functions. For us to be a part of the closeness that your own family and your extended family share was and continues to be a blessing.

Susan DellaRatta – You also have given me a friend of a lifetime!!! You have been a big part of my life for over 25 years now. Even when you are a guest in my home it is like having an extra mom there who is willing to do anything to help me. I love that Danielle, Joseph, Alexa and Chloe are having the same experience of blending the families that Tom and I did.

Concetta Casertano – My amazing grandmother. You were the glue that kept the family together!!! You taught us about loyalty, commitment and most importantly to be grateful for all we have and don’t waste time thinking about what we don’t. Your faith in the “Dear Lord” gave you remarkable poise and strength. To have had you for 90+ years is one of the biggest blessings God has given me. I will never be able to express all I learned from you, but I sure do try.

Roseann Corbett – The “bestest” mom ever!!! What can I say that has not already been said over and over and over? You are a pillar of strength for your children and grandchildren and your “adopted” children and grandchildren. You are tireless when it comes to helping everyone and their kids. There is not a selfish bone in your body. You and Daddy taught us all the value of family and how important it is to keep your children close, but to let them spread their wings as well. None of us would be where we are today without all the love and support we get from you. All nine of your grandchildren are very lucky to have such a hands on grandmother – they will benefit from your love and guidance throughout their lives.

2 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

These ARE all great Mommy's. And it shows through their children. I see you saved the best for last!

Mike G said...

For most of the lucky one's, most all of our mom's are very special and dear to our hearts. Here's a poem I found for the mom's who are in a better place.
I LOVE AND MISS YOU MOM!

A POEM FOR MY MOTHER

I miss you so much,
your laugh, your smile, your touch.
You always brightened my days
with all the smiles you sent my way.
I need you as my angel
to always be at my side.
I need you as my angel
to give me peace of mind.
I like to think your near to me
to know that you are there.
Even though I can not see you,
I feel that you are near.
Please do not forget me mom,
for you are always in my heart,
my thoughts and prayers.
I love you.

~By Shari M. Blom~