Saturday, January 21, 2012

Extremely thoughtful gifts

I love, love, love to give meaningful and thoughtful gifts...I always have...I often wish I had more opportunities to bless people in my life. With that said, I would also rather give than receive. Silly right? But I really do get as much of a gift by giving as my recipient does in receiving.

With all of that said...this past December I received some of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever received for my birthday.

I received a "collaborative" scrap book. This scrap book stays right next to my bed...the pages are filled with letters from my family and friends...many of them contain writings from the children in my life. Mine, nieces, nephews, friends kids, etc. My amazing sister-in-law had this brilliant idea and she then contacted all the very special people in my life and asked them to write. The book was compiled and given to me right on my birthday. I have never, ever, ever received a gift that meant more to me, EVER! When I look at the book I tear up, I cannot believe the words on the pages...what I mean to the writer, what they see as my positive attributes, how I have affected their life. Could there possibly be a better gift? I think not. The youngest person who wrote is 8 and the oldest is my mom, 68. I met the authors at all different points in my life and we are now all intertwined. I will treasure this book for the rest of my life...along with the people who brought it to life.






December was a particularly rough month in my life and on my birthday my friend Nicole gave my 2 crystal+ogy bracelets...they are onyx and the card they were attached to says:

"Channel strength and determination with this alluring stone that also increases resilience and tenacity." Would you think I was crazy if I told you I feel better when I am wearing them? A big part of feeling better is me knowing I have friends that care that much about me.


I love to entertain...love my house to be full of people, families, children. My friend Charyl knows this about me and got me these adorable "food identifier cards." You set them up like little easels and write on them...the best part - they are like dry erase boards and I will be able to use them continuously! I will think of her and her thoughtfulness every time I take them out.



Gram (Charyl's mom) gave me a gift that was strictly for me...brand new comfy pajamas and a book, "The Help" - I love to read and I have not read or seen the movie The Help. And call my old fashioned but I love to have an actual book in my hand - I have no interest in an e-reader just yet.


To go along with the fact that I love to entertain...my friend Lisa gave me two gourmet dips and napkins that actually match the theme of my kitchen!!!




My friend Tina is an amazing "accessorizer" when she gets dressed...she always picks out really pretty or cute & fun pieces...she took the time to pick me out a "hot pink" watch - hopefully Danielle will actually give me the opportunity to wear it sometimes!!!


On top of all of these amazingly thoughtful gifts every card I received just about moved me to tears...none were jokey or funny - they were all filled with beautiful and thoughtful expressions.

As I mentioned earlier I am really dealing with a lot right now in my personal life and the lives of the people I love the most in this world...these gifts put the love and concern my friends have for me right in my face at the perfect time.


Blessed Girl!!!

0 comments: