Sunday, January 8, 2012

Baby Jesus



No disrespect or mocking intended with my title. My post is about Tim Tebow and my friend Josh always says "that's baby jesus right there."



Before the Denver/Pittsburgh game starts today I wanted to go record saying that win or lose and regardless of what anyone thinks of his football skills, in my opinion, Tim Tebow has used his platform in an amazing way. I believe there are better quarterbacks in the NFL, but I believe more strongly that God is using Tebow to spread His word to people who may not other wise hear it.



I cannot be the only person who while watching him play for the Gators would look up the Bible verse that was on his face that day if I didn't know it already.



Stats aside, Tebow has people talking about God at the watercoolers on their jobs. And while some of these conversations are argumentative, someone, somewhere is hearing something from a believer that may change their entire way of thinking.



Tebow never claims to be the best, he is not boastful, conceited or a showboater. He is humble, he gives thanks and most importantly for me (a mother of two and Aunt of 14) he sets a great example of following God, listening to Him and giving him the glory.



Regardless of the outcome today - Tim Tebow you are a WINNER in my book.

0 comments: