Monday, September 22, 2008

It runs in the family.......

So yesterday my family was at our house for dinner. I went with Mexican as it is a good crowd favorite.

My dear daughter who dances on stage for all the world to see is what you would call just a little clumsy. So I make her plate and she tells me "Mom I can put the toppings on my taco" - so she goes to the end of the counter and starts to top it - and then her plate (only plastic) hits the ground. So we clean it up and start again.

Flash to the adults making their plates. I am walking around one part of the Island and my sister Colleen (who we think Danielle gets the clumsy gene from) is standing there with her plate. Now I will admit I bumped into her LIGHTLY and BAM her plate was on the floor!!!

So my brother jumps in and says "Danielle - look what Aunt Colleen just did!!!" So Danielle gets up, walks over to the spill site and says "Wow Colly - you really dropped a lot of food - worse than mine!!!"

Colleen took care of Danielle for me while I worked from when she was 3 months old until she was almost 3 years old so they both hold a special place in each other's hearts - for more than one reason!!!

1 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

MARIE ROSE!!! Just hang me out to dry why don'tcha!