Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Thoughtful Gifts

I absolutely love giving gifts. I try very hard to pick something meaningful and specific for the receipient.

This year I received 2 gifts that were so "ME" and so thoughtful!!!

I love to cook, bake and entertain. My goddaughter, Arianna, gave me a gift that was tailored to mine and her love of baking. She gave me a christmas photo holder that already had a picture of her holding cookies she had made and she was in her chef hat and apron. Along with that she gave me some fresh home made cookies, a cook book that is specifically geared towards cookie exchanges and a towel that matched the photo holder. It meant the world to me...simple, yet extremely thoughtful, and the thoughtfulness made me feel very special.

I also took part in a secret santa gift exchange this season. My friend, Nicole, covered all of my favorite things! In my gift bag I found:
2 Picture Frames (I love photography)
A stainless steel spoon rest/stand (I love to cook)
3 Chocolate Bars (self explainatory)
12 ice shot glasses (We love to entertain)
A Starbucks Gift Card (so that something in the bag would be just for me)

Again - all simple items but collectively an amazingly thoughtful gift!!!

I thanked them both more than once and I truly hope they both know how special these gifts made me feel.

The moral of my story is...it is not the money spent on a gift that matters...it is the thought you put behind it.

2 comments:

Kristy said...

Aww, I'm so glad you liked your Christmas gift. We got the cookbook first and just went with the theme. What I loved was that Arianna picked out and thought of most of it by herself. She loves her Re-Re and Uncle Joe :)

Colleen Gebhardt said...

Like my Bella perfume! Maeiningful gifts are the best!