Friday, December 10, 2010

My Favorite Christmas Decorations

Our house is fully decorated for Christmas now...I love this time of year, especially when all the decorating is done and we can sit back and soak it all in. My mom was always great at decorating for the holiday's and we all have so many fond memories or Christmas at our house.

I thought I would share some of my favorite decorations with you as well as why I love them so much....



This is our Captain Hook Nutcracker...we are Disney people, we have one room that is full of Disney Christmas decorations...Steve & Regina (Joe's brother and wife) bought this for us years ago...they are Disney people as well, we have shared many trips to Disney together. The thought and symbolism behind the gift is what makes it so special.
Disney Christmas Globe...my brother bought this for me and Joe the first Christmas we were married. 16 Christmases later every time I take it out I remember our first Christmas


Disney ladder - all of the characters move and ring bells. My brother bought this for us for our 2nd Christmas once he realized we would have a Disney themed Christmas area in our house. He loves that we still use it - and all of the kids in our lives love it as well.


These candy dishes were made by my grandmother. They were in her house for as long as I can remember...now I put them on my dining room table every year and each time I see them they make me smile because I think of her.


This Norman Rockwell plate hung in our house every year since I was a kid - for me it is a symbol of my childhood and all of the amazing Christmas Eve's we had in our house.


This stocking was made by my Aunt Angie (my great Aunt actually - my grandmother's younger sister) she was an amazing lady with so much love in her heart. I feel honored that I have this to hang in my house every year.


This little stocking was something my father bought as a joke one year. It is a great reflection of his joking personality!!!


Santa is over 20 years old...my dad gave it to my mother all of those years ago. Each year when she looks at it her face lights up as she says how old it is. Even more so when someone who has never seen it comes over...she loves to tell them how long she has had it and that my dad bought it for us. For me it symbolizes the love they shared...and how something so simple and small can be so meaningful.

1 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

The Norman Rockwell plate...aaahhh memories.