Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Dance Recital

For a few months now I have been taking the moms class at The Dance Company. (Danielle's dance school) At first I was there for fun and laughs with other moms, whos daughters spend lots of time with Danielle. After my niece Bella was born I was able to convince my sister Colleen that she should join us...it would be great fun. A dance class happened to be on her bucket list so she did join. We had great fun and it was a great learning experience.

I had always admired my daughter for being able to put herself out there on stage like that - and this year she tapped her first solo. Imagine that - solo, all by her 10 year old self, working the full stage, while tapping constantly. I had a new found respect for her after my very first class - I struggled just doing a dance step across the floor in the studio. A few times I thought about quitting - feeling like I would just never get it. My friend Jane told me "Marie, we need to set good examples for our girls, we can't quit." So I stuck with it and I am so glad I did!!! I may never dance at Danielle's level, (she gets her talent from her dad) but I am more comfortable and Colleen and I are already considering joining the moms class next year.

If you ever have the opportunity to do something with your kids like this, I strongly encourage you to take it - Danielle and I and Colleen and Amber had many great times on Thursday nights as they watched us try and learn.

Looking forward to the next dance class!!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to do it again. I'm still doing it in my head. "point to your Mommy".....good times.