Friday, April 2, 2010

Let the little children come to me...

Matthew 19:14 says "Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these."

My son Joseph (7) loves to read. When the Church was reading through the New Testament in 30 days he was so excited and he read right along with us...he will often pick up his Bible and pick a random verse to read outloud to us. He was doing this last night...it was an odd transition, he was reading the Diary of a Wimpy Kid and all of a sudden he picked up the New Testament that he received at Elevation and started reading verses out loud.

I asked him to come sit next to me so I could hear him better because my mom was watching TV in the same room we were in. So he came over and was reading from Corinthians. Then he closed the book, put his little hand on it while holding mine and he said "Mom, I am going to think for a minute and then tell you a verse to read to me..."

Here is what he picked:

Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me? The words I say to you are not just my own. Rather, it is the Father, living in me, who is doing his work. Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe in the evidence of the miracles themselves. I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

John 14:10-14

What a perfect verse as we enter into Easter Weekend...the enemy doesn't stand a chance at our house!!!

0 comments: