Thursday, August 27, 2009

Mrs. Marsicano

Fifteen years ago today, I became, Mrs. Joseph Marsicano. It truly feels like just yesterday.

Joe and I met when we were 18 and got married when we were 25. We both lived at home until the day we got married so living away from family for the first time (we both commuted to College) was something we experienced together. The first year of our marriage was awesome - lots of people told us it would be the hardest - not for us. It still remains one of the best years of our time together.

After we were married for 4 years we decided to move to Charlotte. Cost of living was better, work/family balance was easier to achieve and we knew we wanted to start a family. After living here for about 15 months we built/purchased our first home and one month later found out I was pregnant with Danielle. 1999 was a good year!!!

We live in that same house now with Danielle, Joseph and my mom. For me our home really represents us. We love it to be filled with friends and family. I have as many pictures on display as possible - all of great times we have had. Disney items in each room (if you know us you know how much we love all things Disney). As I sit in each room I see all of the hard work that Joe has put into the house for all of our benefit. But MOST importantly we spend quality time with those we love in our home.

I would be lying if I said all 15 years were wonderful and we never fight.... But I can honestly say nothing really "comes between us." Sure we have had our ups and downs (who hasn't) but at the end of the day I wouldn't trade the past 15 years for anything in this world. I can also say that I love Joe more now than the day I married him.

We have overcome many challenges in our time together. Death, Illness, Surgeries, Financial Issues and others - we have done it together and it has only made us stronger.

I recently said to Joe - "I want you to know that one of the things I love the most about you is that I know with 100% certainty I can count on you when the chips are down." His response was "Remember, there is no I in Team and we have been a good team for a long time." I am certain he had no idea how much that meant to me especially at the moment he said it.

Our wedding was everything I had hoped for. We were surrounded by friends and family that loved us, the ceremony was beautiful, and everyone had a great time. I really wouldn't change one thing - well except that both of our Dads would have been there. Our wedding day had to be the hottest ever on record, but I was bound and determine to have outdoor pictures!!! Here are the 24 I was able to narrow the over 300 down too.









Me & My Mom








Me & Colleen - my kids love laughing at her BIG Glasses





My girls - they are all still a huge part of our lives






Joe and Steve (his brother & best man)


Our first picture as Mr. & Mrs. Marsicano


Big Bridal Party

My dads friend gave us this bottle of Dom Perigon when we got engaged - we save it for 2 years

So Handsome


Joe and Steve again - both looking much calmer


Our guys - all still a big part of our lives too




Joe and his mom


Our beautiful niece who just started her senior year in High School

This shot has been in a frame on my desk at work for 15 years



Colleen loves this one...

End of the night - the best is yet to come
Hanging loose in Hawaii on our honeymoon

Dinner Cruise in Honolulu

The resort in Maui

The beautiful beach in Maui
Joe - I love you with all of my heart. I could not have picked a better person to go through life with. Looking forward to many more years and many more memories.
























3 comments:

Joe Marsicano said...

Wow, I couldn't have said it better myself.... Love you always and forever.....

Jim, Heather, Jordan and Madison said...

What a beautiful tribute! Thanks for your lovely comments on my blog, made me want to tear up. I feel blessed to have met both you and Colleen and I need more of you both! I feel like I have known both of you forever......oh, btw, is that the Huntington Townhouse? I have a friend on LI that I swear has a pic on that staircase!! Happy 15th anniversary, and hope and blessing for many many more!
love,
heather

Marie Marsicano said...

Heather - it is the Huntington Towne House!!! How funny.