Monday, January 26, 2009

Making a Difference???

I am sure I have mentioned more than once that I teach Religion at St. Mark's with my sister-in-law Regina on Monday nights. We are teaching 3rd graders. So far the year has been challenging and there are times that we both are unsure if we are getting through to the kids, if they are getting anything out of what we bring to the table each week or if they are there because they "have" to be. Either way we continue to teach, pray we are getting through to some if not all of them and that they leave in May with something from this.

Tonight's lesson is on miracles. The guide has us telling the story of Jesus, Mary and the disciples at a wedding in Cana (based on John 2:3-11) and then it tells us to pick some stories of miracles in the Bible that we want to share.

Immediately I thought of a sermon I heard Pastor Steven (Elevation Church) preach and how much I loved the story. So my selection will be 2 Kings 4:1-7, Elisha helps a poor widow..... I think/hope it will teach them not only that miracles happen, but that sometimes the simplest things are what make us rich if we follow God.

Say a prayer for Regina and I that we are making a difference with these young people. Next time I may try teenagers.......

0 comments: