Thursday, January 8, 2009

A Son's Love

As I was reading Holly's Blog the other day
I was reminded about the love a son has for his mother.

My son Joseph is no exception, as a matter of fact lots of my friends tell me already that he will be quite the smooth ladies man when he grows up. He is mannerful, kind, considerate and frankly he is smooth. He gives out hugs and kisses constantly and without being asked. He is truly a ray of sunshine.

Last night was no exception. We were sitting at the dinner table and talking about a few events we have coming up - one of them being mother/son day with his elementary school. Well mother/son day is Sunday, January 18th from 3:30 - 7:00 for a meet and greet and a Charlotte Checkers Hockey Game. As we are sitting there I am teasing him (he is 6) and saying oh boy Joe mommy must really love you - do you know the sacrifice I am making to go to the mother/son event??? Do you Joe??? That is the Conference Finals of Football, Joe - the winner is going to the Superbowl Joe. And so on... His response, - "But mom this is a mother/son day you know that is so important......" With a big smile on his face and his blue eyes sparkling the whole time - so of course I said - "You are right Joe - there is nothing I would rather be doing than spending mother/son time with you."

The night progresses and I am upstairs on the elyptical machine - I have one of Big Joe's shirts on, sweats that I wore after pregnancy and my hair in a pony tail. Little Joe comes into say something to me and mid-stream he stops and says "Nice earrings mom!!!" and full of enthusiasm - so I say well thank you Joseph and he turns to walk out, but stops and says "Mom are they new???" Do you see what I mean about him giving the ladies attention!!!

So again I say - there is nothing in this world like the love a son has for his mother. And I also want to add that a dear friend of mine told me that years ago when she had a son and before I had children - she was so right.

1 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

What do you always say about me when it comes to Joseph? "You can't say no to him". How do you look at that face and pass up a game of Battle Ship? Or anything else he asks me to do? I Love his FACE!
You always tell me the sun revolves around my son now....it's a Mommy son thing for sure.