Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Very Special Day

This Saturday, April 26th, my daughter Danielle will be receiving her First Holy Communion. We are of the Catholic Faith so she has worked toward this for the past 2years in her Religious Education Classes.

Those closest to us know that God is doing very special things with Danielle. She is remarkably connected with The Lord at such a young age. I am her mother but I can honestly say she really, really gets it. She speaks of God and The Church all on her own. If we pray together her prayers are always deep, meaningful and for the good of others.

We visit other Churches of different denominations and no matter where we are she is at "home" and getting the "word".

My sister attends Elevation Church here in Charlotte and it is a very young, hip congregation with a full rock band. Danielle loves it there - they put the words to the songs up on a screen and she sings with her whole heart and soul.

My baby will be receiving The Body and Blood (if she chooses) of Christ this Saturday and afterwards we will rejoice and celebrate this AWESOME day.

As her mother I hope with all my heart that she continues to serve God in the way He sees fit.

1 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

I can't wait to see my beautiful baby Danielle on her special day. I will have my usual flashbacks of when I took care of her, and I would lay down with her face to face so I could hold her bippy in while she fell asleep. On a lighter note-what a fat baby! Who would have thought she was going to wind up to be the thinnest of the bunch!