Thursday, April 17, 2008

Dedicated To The One I Love......

Lots of people like to say behind every good man is an even better woman - I am here to tell you behind this good woman is a GREAT man. God sent me my husband Joe and for that I will be forever appreciative. Those closest to me have heard me say many, many times "Thank God for Big Joseph".

We met at the end of our first year of College and 20+ years later we have now been married for just about 14 years and we have two children (Danielle/8 and Joseph/6).

Joe (or Big Joe) as he will be referred to alot is a supportive, caring and loving husband, a wonderful, hands-on dad, a brother/brother-in-law who would do anything for family and a friend you can always count on.

Over the 14 years we have been married we have had several of MY family members need to live with us. My sister and her daughter, my mom (who still lives with us), my grandmother (who we sadly lost about 2 years ago) and my grandmother's sister (who we lost just over 2 years ago). Never once has Joe complained, said enough is enough, lost his patience - NOTHING negative. And I am here to say it has not always been easy but he somehow is able to keep it in perspective. More importantly he/we are teaching our children how important family is and how if they need you and you can do for them, you should.

He is the lowest maintenance husband. If I didn't cook (which I love to do) for a month he would never say a word. If I make him a grilled cheese sandwich for dinner (like I did tonight) he is fine. If I didn't keep a clean/neat house he would never say a word. He has not one me man - you woman bone in his body. Don't get me wrong he is the man of our house - but because I respect him for the man he is - not because he commands it.

Our road has not always been well traveled - those of you who are married know that it is not always smooth sailing and I don't mean just in your relationship. I mean jobs, finances, kids, families etc.... all the things that just happen in life, but I would be lying if I said I wouldn't come down the same road with him again. Even when the times are tough and the chips are down I know I have him and in my heart I know we could live in a cardboard box together and be just fine.

We have grown-up together (some people grow apart - we have grown stronger).

When I have a really bad day or days he is the person who puts it all back into perspective for me and reminds me of the many blessings we have. One hug from him and the world is right again.

So for the GREAT man behind this good woman - I am so glad that:

I GOT YOU BABE!!!!

1 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

I got to watch these two go from teens, to where they are today. I was 11 when I met Joe. Little did he know he would be helping take care of me...and the rest of my family for the rest of his life! I bet he didn't know he was signing up for that! But he does it with ease and understanding. And that's why I love him so. And he loves me too even though I crash his cars and beat him out of money sometimes. :)