Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Legacy of Love

Joe and I both got notes from Danielle at the dinner table on Valentine's Day. We BOTH were choked up and moved by what she wrote. Of course there is humor in the notes as well. Here is what they said:

5 Favorite Things About Dad

1. His sense of humor
2. Being the ultimate dance dad
3. The way we both sniffle
4. When you do the fist pump
5. The love and support to others

Dad - I love you so much no matter what happens don't forget that. Also, like I said, being the ultimate dance dad because most dad's don't take the time to sit at a dance competition but you never left and that means the world to me!

Love ya, Danielle


5 Favorite Things About Mom

1. Her great support
2. Her bond with her family
3. Her amazing love and care
4. That no matter what I do bad she will always forgive me
5. Her love and support to the Church and God

Mom - I love you with all my heart and no matter what ridiculous thing I am giving you an attitude about I am never really mad at you, I'm just being dumb and never forget that! Also mom that you for all your support with dance, you have NO idea how much I appreciate that also with school - you never say no when I ask you for help with homework and when ever I have something at school you are there!

Love ya, Danielle

As a parent my true hearts desire is for my legacy to be that "I was there" when Danielle or Joseph needed me. Could I have a higher powered position than the one I have at my current job, absolutely...but it would be at the expense of my family. I have one of the best bosses that a mother of two could ask for. He is flexible with me (and my co-workers) to the best of his ability and in turn we do not abuse that privilege. I want my kids to see me do for them and others with ease and joy...it is more important to me than "my title" at work or a higher salary.

I have one shot at being the best parent I can possibly be - and when my kids look back on their upbringing I want them to be able to say "my mom was there when..."
These notes meant the world to us...much more than anything store bought for sure!!!

0 comments: