Monday, May 24, 2010

Brianna's Cinderella Story

This past Friday night my niece Brianna was the lead in her school play. The play was the first ever at Highland Creek Elementary. They are working on having a small drama club so the kids in 4th and 5th grade can be exposed before they get to Middle School. The play was Cinderella and everyone in the play had to go through try-outs and the weekly before and after school practices. All of the teachers involved gave a lot of their own free time and talents to work with the kids and the production showed that. Every kid involved in the play did a wonderful job - I was amazed at how well they all performed and how comfortable and confident they all were on stage.

Of course I paid special attention to Brianna...she was WONDERFUL, just wonderful. She even had a solo singing during the play. I did tape the entire performance and can't wait to re-watch her.

Brianna is my sweetest, quietest and non-attention grabbing niece for sure. To see her up on the stage looking and feeling so at ease brought me to tears. I made sure I told her after the performance how there were many, many adults who could never do what she just did and how proud I was of her.

Here is the really cute part...In "real life" I am Brianna's Godmother...since the "Fairy Godmother" plays such a big part in Cinderella's story I made sure I told as many people as I could that I was "Cinderella's Godmother!!!"



Cinderella

Cinderella and her coach


Brianna and her proud parents!!!

0 comments: