Thursday, March 11, 2010

They are already winners!!!

My daughter, Danielle and Colleen's daughter, Amber will be going to their first dance competition of the season this weekend representing their dance studio - The Dance Company. They had the dress rehearsal this past Saturday followed by a studio sleepover - what fun!!!

In my eyes these girls are already winners, regardless of what happens this weekend. I am completely amazed at their ability to go on stage in front of an auditorium full of people and "do their thing!!!"

I have recently started in the moms dance class at the studio and have made 2 observations...my daughter did not get her skills from me and it is very hard for me to even just cross the floor with other people watching me. The fact that these girls can do this with a full smile, no nerves and completely LOVE what they are doing is what makes them winners in my eyes.

Miss Charyl summed it up nicely at the rehearsal on Saturday when she said - no matter what happens you have already won...do you have any idea how many kids will never be able to do what your doing...they will never be comfortable putting themselves out there in this way - so you have already made great accomplishments just by getting up on that stage!!!

True dat Miss Charyl - and best of luck to all the dancers who I have grown to know and love from The Dance Company!!!

Danielle running her solo
Amber getting ready for the jazz routine

Running through the tap performance


Work it Amber!!!



1 comments:

Kristy said...

They are winners, and this weekend our girls proved it! :)