Monday, February 1, 2010

Recipe Week - Grilled Pepper Focaccia

I thought it would be fun to share some of my favorite recipe's that I have received from my friends over time. We all have our own specialties and things that none of the rest of us even attempt to make - but these are things I have asked them to share with me and have now become a regular in my "rotation" - I hope you enjoy them...

Grilled Bell Pepper Focaccia - (This one is actually one I had at a Pampered Chef Party and modified a little)

1 each - medium red, yellow and orange pepper - sliced into 1/2 inch strips
1 medium onion sliced into 1/4 inch strips
1/2 cup pitted, ripe olives drained and chopped
1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
1 garlic clove diced
1 Pillsbury Pizza Crust
1 cup mozzarella
1/2 cup (2 ounces) of grated parmesan cheese

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Slice Peppers and Onions
Sautee Peppers and Onions with a little Olive Oil in a frying pan - don't let them get too soft.

On a rectangle pampered chef stone (floured) roll out the pillsbury dough.

Sprinkle 1/2 the mozzarella onto the pizza dough
Top with grilled peppers and onion mix
Spread olives over peppers
Sprinkle the rest of the mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top of the peppers

Bake for 22-25 minutes

Cut into squares


I usually use this as an appetizer - but I have also used it as a meal for me, Joe and my mom.

1 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

Lots of work, but delicious!!! Funny, we make different foods than each other. If we combined our recipes, we could open a restaurant!