Monday, February 15, 2010

Love is in the air...

I hope you all had a wonderful Valentine's Day!!!

I had said in a post around Christmas that we were going to use our dining room and china more often to make occasions special since the kids enjoy it so much. Valentine's Day seemed like a great day to make special and I wanted my family to know just how much I love them.

I made one of their favorite dinners - including everyone's favorite side dishes and set the dining room up for the occasion.

Here is the table - on each plate I put a list of "5 Things I love about..." and each list was personalized for Joe, Danielle, Joseph and my mom. I also had small gifts for them - chocolate for the kids, candles for my mom and in sticking with the red theme - Guitar Hero boxers for Joe.

Family full of love.

Danielle and Joe - a girls first love should always be her dad.


Nana and Danielle


Nana and Joseph


This was our 23rd Valentine's Day!!!
We really aren't that old - but boy does 23 Valentines Day's make it sound that way or what???

My favorite part of the day was seeing the kids make toasts with the wine glasses filled with Sprite - and how something so simple makes them so happy. And listening to all of them say what they love about mom...without having the time to plan for it since my lists were a surprise.
I will have another post this week with the lists.



0 comments: