Friday, January 8, 2010

I'm Back

I had not intended to take such a long break from blogging but I guess I got caught up in the Holiday's and we traveled to see friends for the New Year etc....


Well I am ready to get back at it and share with you the awesome Holiday Season we had.


Each day I will give a little story of what my favorite moments were with some photos to illustrate.


By the way, I received an AWESOME Christmas gift from Joe this year (even though we were not supposed to exchange gifts!!!) He got me a Nikon 3000 Camera!!! Those closest to me understand this is the best gift ever for me - I am never without my camera and I really do my best to capture our life and our families and friends lives on film.


The first story I would like to share with you is about my nephew Isaiah. Isaiah is 13 - he will be 14 on Easter Sunday. On Christmas Eve both sides of our families came to our house for a celebration!!! (28 people in total...a whole other post) Each kid received one gift from another kid in the family and adults did not have a gift exchange. Well Isaiah decided he would "make" gifts for the adults - he is very artistic and loves to draw, act, dance etc...


The shots show you the gift that Joe and I received from him - each couple got one and my mom and mother-in-law each got their own. I hope you see that the gift itself is not elaborate - but the time it must have taken him to make 7 of these is what I thought was heart warming.



He hand decorated this bag and added the ribbon and bow and stickers on his own...no two bags were alike.



In the bag was a Starbucks beverage, 2 packages of hot cocoa and 2 pieces of chocolate.


Our bag is safely tucked away in a memory box that I keep all the things our nieces and nephews made for us.
I hope he continues to realize that the dollar value of a gift is not important - it is the thought behind it.







0 comments: