Saturday, January 9, 2010

Big Family Christmas

For both mine and Joe's family, Christmas Eve is the day/night to celebrate the Christmas Holiday. This year it was our turn to host the celebration. My brother and Matt went to NY but everyone else came - so in total we had 27 family members and then we got a very pleasant surprise when Alissa (Amber & Alex's sister) came to join us - so the final number was 28.

In the early stages I was thinking, wow, how are we going to do this...then I decided during the first week of December that I was going to have a great Christmas and I was not going to stress out and I focused on how blessed we are to have such large families - who love each other and can get together like this.

Everyone helped by cooking, baking, providing beverages etc... so the work load was not completely on us.

In my eyes it was a perfect night. We had all 15 of our nieces and nephews, our siblings, our moms and our 2 children all under one roof having a great time. The kids range in age from 3 to 17 and they all get along well and enjoy "hanging out" with each other. Same for the adults - only our age range is a little different...

Joe gave me my new camera before everyone came over...I certainly made the most of it. However, somehow there is no picture of me, Joe and the kids and while I managed to get the cousins by family I did not get one shot with all 17 kids. NEXT TIME!!!


We moved our living room furniture so we could all eat on the same side of the house and not be separated.



Steve, Regina, Christina, Kayla and Brianna (Joe's brother & family)



Jimmie, Maria, Taylor & Blake (Joe's sister & family)



Dan, Pattie, Devin, Isaiah, Mackenzie, Noah & Logan (My sister and her family)



Robert, Colleen, Taylor, Amber & Alex (My sister and her family)



All The Marsicano kids
Back row: Christina, Kayla, Taylor, Blake
Front row: Danielle, Joseph, Brianna



All The Corbett Kids
Back Row: Isaiah, Devin, Taylor
Middle Row: Mackenzie, Amber, Danielle, Joseph
Front Row: Noah, Alex and Logan


>
Our family room "before"


All the kids during the gift exchange

1 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

I didn't realize you took the time to get all of those family photos. Great idea! My redneck husband looks like a guido! LOL that's why you thought he looked cute. haha!