Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Peace of Mind

My dear friend Johanette has been sick for the better part of 2010, today she is at the Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville, FL having what we hope to be life changing surgery and a possible end to all of the medical issues she has been battling.

Johanette and I have been friends since we had our first job together when we were 16 years old. She is a part of my family...literally...my parents would yell at her in a minute if necessary when we were young. Frankly, my mom still does!!! My dad would send her back upstairs in my house if we were going out and he didn't like what she was wearing. :)

We have been through a lot together including the death of my father. (Dan Corbett)

This morning I received a text from her husband Danny:

Final Blood work appt this morning b4 surgery at noon...big waiting room full of people and guess what patient name gets called in just b4 Joh???

Mr. Corbett :)

I text him back immediately and said I know Joh is in good hands!!!



I hope this gave Johanette a feeling of peace the way it did for me. I have told 3 people this story so far...like me they all shed a tear because they know he is with her in the operating room today.



Looking forward to Joh's speedy recovery and us starting to make fun memories like these again.

0 comments: