Wednesday, October 15, 2008

But mom.... She's a good kid....

That is the quote from my son Joseph this morning. He was talking about his sister Danielle.

Here is how it all started:

My lovely Danielle is what we would all call a fashionista - and her Aunt's will back me up on that one. Anyway this morning we were on our third shirt and not for the first time since the season has changed.... I am not sure what it is about the change of season but we always seem to have issues with the wardrobe. Did I say she is 8 years old and we have been doing this since preschool??? To be fair the first shirt was long sleeves and I told her she could end up being too warm since it should hit 85 today. The next shirt was a shirt SHE JUST PICKED OUT - she put it on - looked in the mirror and changed into the layered tank top look. She looked fine - but I must admit when she took off the brand new shirt I was not happy. I started the lecture about how I do without so they can have and I am taking the shirt back and so on.... Yes my voice was raised - but not like I had vein's popping in my neck or face.

Anyway this is where Joseph chimes in - picture him and Danielle sitting at the table eating cereal while I am lecturing..... He looks at me with those beautiful blue eyes (that do look like they have tears in them) and says "But mom, come on, Sis is such a good kid...." so I say I understand that Joe but I can't deal with the clothes issues and he says again "but mom, she is a good kid, go easy on her..."

How do I argue with that? She is a good kid - and this is our biggest problem with her - but I am running out of steam on this. So I said "you are right Joseph so this is what we will do" and I turned to Danielle and let her know from this point forward if she doesn't wear all of the stuff in her closet - or if she has a morning melt down about her clothes she won't go to dance that week - again those that know her will understand for her that would be the worst punishment in the world.

1 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

Then there is your niece, who went to school in soccer shorts and a t-shirt that didn't quite match, puma's and a pony tail.

Girl I'd kill her, and you know I would!

Can you please post a picture of your sons little beautiful face when you quote him so i can get the full effect?